by Miss Elliot
It’s the end of school, and sometimes it’s hard to find really good books that you haven’t read before. Here are ten books (in no particular order) that I have been enjoying:
1. Beauty:A Retelling of the Story of Beauty and the Beast, by Robin McKinley
2. David Copperfield, by Charles Dickens (I generally dislike Dickens, but I enjoyed this. See #7 for why I’m reading this)
3. The Borrowed House, by Hilda van Stockum
4. The Little White Horse, by Elizabeth Goudge (review of this coming soon)
5. The Boy on the Wooden Box, by Leon Leyson
6. Spindle’s End, by Robin McKinley
8. Emma, by Jane Austen
9. That Hideous Strength, by C. S. Lewis
10. The Abolition of Man, by C. S. Lewis
The last two are part of a Memoria Press Online Academy literature class on C. S. Lewis (even though That Hideous Strength is one of my favorites anyway).
Be sure to tell me in the comments any books that you would suggest!